CASE 1: AgO – Bottom-up evaluation
The Government of Flanders attaches great importance to qualitative leadership. That is why the ‘Agentschap voor Overheidspersoneel/AgO’ (Agency for Government Personnel) developed an instrument to assess the performance of managers. The employees’ feedback allows managers to work on their development. This survey has been conducted by CheckMarket for quite some years now.
Why did AgO choose for CheckMarket?
- Reliable survey tool
- Custom analysis and reports
- Gather both online and paper responses
- Experience in employee surveys
- A Bottom-Up Evaluation (BUE) tool with standard surveys was developed.
- An existing survey was used as the basis for the employee survey.
- Participants are invited via e-mail or letter. Employees give their feedback; managers fill out a self-evaluation.
- Employees of the Government of Flanders can safely and anonymously give their opinion on the way they are managed.
- Afterwards, each manager receives an individual report with development tips. Furthermore, aggregated reports with benchmarks established by previous surveys are available per participating entity.
- CheckMarket coordinates the conduct of the survey.
- > 67% of almost 10,000 civil servants fills out the survey.
- CheckMarket developed specific report templates. The roughly 600 individual and organizational reports are delivered less than one month after closure of the survey.
- > 5% of the responses are gathered via paper surveys.